My new duets album, Accomplice One, is OUT. I am so thrilled to share this record with you. It took me 2 years to record it, and I am very proud of it. There are so many great moments on this record that I truly cherish.
This video is one of my favorite songs from Accomplice One, that I recorded with one of the best artists out there – Mark Knopfler. When I approached Mark about playing on my album, he told me he would love to but it has to be one of his songs and none of that fast stuff. I immediately concurred, as I love all his compositions. We sat down with our acoustic guitars, and he sang me the song, “You Don’t Want To Get You One of Those”. It’s brilliantly written, and honestly and humbly performed. We recorded it like a performance, playing and singing in the same room. We purposely left it raw and didn’t try to polish it up. It was a great experience for me to be directed by such an accomplished artist as Mark.
Here is the track list for Accomplice One. I hope you enjoy it as much as I had recording it.
- Deep River Blues with Jason Isbell
- Song and Dance Man with Ricky Skaggs
- Saturday Night Shuffle with Jorma Kaukonen & Pat Bergeson
- Wheelin’ & Dealin’ with J.D. Simo and Charlie Cushman
- C-Jam Blues with David Grisman & Bryan Sutton
- (Sittin’ On) Dock of the Bay with J.D. Simo
- Borderline with Amanda Shires
- You Don’t Want To Get You One of Those with Mark Knopfler
- Keepin’ It Reel with Clive Carroll
- Looking Forward To The Past with Rodney Crowell
- Purple Haze with Jerry Douglas
- Rachel’s Lullaby with Jake Shimabukuro
- Djangology with Frank Vignola and Vinny Raniolo
- Watson Blues with David Grisman and Bryan Sutton
- Tittle Tattle with Jack Pearson
- The Duke’s Message with Suzy Bogguss (lyrics written by Anthony Snape)